MOVING UP TO SECONDARY or UPPER SCHOOL IN SEPTEMBER 2023
You can now apply for your child to move up to Secondary or Upper school in September 2023. The closing date for applications is 11:59pm on 31 October 2022
This is for BCP residents only*, for:
Starting Year 7 in September 2023 at:
- any Secondary school which starts in Year 7
- Broadstone Middle School; Livingstone Academy Bournemouth; Parkfield School or St Peter's School, which have additional intake in Year 7
(usual dates of birth are 1.9.2011 to 31.8.2012)
Starting Year 9 in September 2023 at an upper school which starts in Year 9.
(usual dates of birth are 1.9.2009 to 31.8.2010)
* If you are not a resident of the BCP Council area, you will need to apply through your 'home' Local Authority, even if you wish to name BCP schools among your preferences.
STARTING SCHOOL or MOVING UP TO JUNIOR or MIDDLE SCHOOL IN SEPTEMBER 2023
You can now apply for your child to start Reception, move up to Junior or Middle school in September 2023. The closing date for applications is 11:59pm on 15 January 2023
Starting Reception class in September 2023.
(usual dates of birth are 1.9.2018 to 31.8.2019)
Moving up to Junior school (into Year 3) in September 2023 at:
- any Junior school which starts in Year 3
- any primary school which has an additional intake in Year 3 (Corpus Christi Catholic Primary; Highcliffe St Mark CE Primary; St Joseph's Catholic Primary (Christchurch); St Katharine's CE Primary)
(usual dates of birth are 1.9.2015 to 31.8.2016)
Moving up to Middle school (into Year 5) in September 2023 at a Middle school which starts in Year 5
(usual dates of birth are 1.9.2013 to 31.8.2014)
Applications for an In-Year place (moving to the area or wishing to change schools within the academic year) can be made through this website, for any school in the Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Council area.
Please also ask your child's current/previous school (if within the UK) to complete the following Background Information Form.
If you wish to apply for a place at a school in any other Local Authority area, you will need to apply through the relevant Local Authority.
If you have any queries please contact the Children's Information Service on 01202 123222 or email email@example.com
or the School Admissions Team on 01202 127963 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To begin your online application Sign In or Create Account using the link at the top of the page. If you are using a smartphone or tablet you can find the Sign In or Create Account link using the menu in the top right hand corner.
Using a tablet/smartphone? Access the menu items including the 'Create Account' and 'Login' links using the menu in the top right hand corner.